As an orthodontist, I’m fortunate to wake up and do something I truly love: creating great relationships with patients and their families is extremely rewarding.
My greatest joy is reviewing someone’s initial photos and then looking at the person after they’ve finished treatment. When I’m able to give someone an incredible smile, one that allows their confident personality to shine, I am thrilled! Nothing beats seeing someone’s heartfelt smile and knowing you played a part in creating it.
We often have former patients return just to say hello and visit, and we are now on our third generation of LaHaye Orthodontics patients. It makes me smile to see those smiles — and know that each patient is enjoying the lifelong benefits of stronger oral health and improved self-esteem because of what we do.
My father, Philip W. LaHaye, Jr., opened the practice in 1973. Growing up seeing his passion for orthodontics led me to follow in his footsteps. I joined him in 2004 and have been continuing his tradition of excellence since that day.
With over 45 years of experience, my team and I ensure each patient’s orthodontic journey is enjoyable and memorable, delivering the smile the person desires.
— Dr. Mark B. LaHaye
- E.D. White Catholic High School
- Auburn University – Bachelor of Science, cum laude
- Louisiana State University School of Dentistry – Doctorate of Dental Surgery with honors
- Baylor Dental School, Department of Orthodontics – Master of Science, certificate in orthodontics
Dr. LaHaye is passionate about orthodontics and continually searches for ways to improve his delivery of care. Whether he is learning new techniques or studying a technological advance, he is always eager to learn and pass on that information to his team and patients.
In addition to being an active member of the Cutting Edge Orthodontics and the Baylor Orthodontics Study Clubs, Dr. LaHaye regularly attends seminars, lectures, and meetings. He also keeps current on the latest research through professional journals and other orthodontic and oral healthcare publications.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Southern Association of Orthodontists
- Louisiana Association of Orthodontics (vice president, 2014-2015)
- American Dental Association
- Louisiana Dental Association
- Bayou District Dental Association (past president, two terms)
- Baylor Orthodontic Alumni Association (past president)
Beyond the Practice
A Thibodaux native, Dr. LaHaye is happy to be raising his family in his hometown.
He and his wife Toni have two amazing young daughters, Ava and Arden, as well as two family cats, Oreo and Figaro. Family is Dr. LaHaye’s top priority, always, and he loves the time he spends with them. On free weekends, he and his loved ones like to travel and are always ready for an adventure, whether that’s a Disney Cruise or a day trip into the city.
Dr. LaHaye is also an avid triathlete and has competed two Ironman triathlons.
Dr. LaHaye and his wife believe in supporting their community and regularly participate in local events. They also contribute to many local organizations, including the:
- Bayou Country Children’s Museum
- Femmes Natales
- Thibodaux Service League
- Bayou Country Club and Crawfish Aquatics swim teams
- Various athletic clubs
- School fundraisers and activities